Monday, November 10, 2008

1 Corinthians 13

God's message on Love. It's such a well known passage. Many of us can recite it. I often times will become desensitized by hearing the same passage over and over, and sometimes I feel like I've been given a breath of fresh air, to hear a well-loved passage read in a different translation. In this translation, I felt it was easier to find the ways in which I wasn't showing love. For that reason, I feel the need to reread it often, as sort of a self-check.

Here it is:

1 Corinthians 13, The Message:

Love never gives up.

Love cares more for others than for self.

Love doesn't want what it doesn't have.

Love doesn't strut.

Doesn't Have a swelled head,

Doesn't force itself on others.

Isn't always "me first,"

Doesn't fly off the handle,

Doesn't keep score of the sins of others,

Doesn't revel when others grovel,

Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth,

Puts up with anything,

Trusts God always.

Always looks for the best,

Never looks back,

But keeps going to the end.

May God be with you today as you strive to be God's love to others!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails