Monday, December 7, 2009

Tutu Cute!


The last several weeks have been a complete blur for me. After Reese was born, I went in to have surgery to repair 2 hernias--one that I got while pregnant with Holland, and one from carrying Reese. It has taken a longer time to feel better than I had expected, but my recovery was made possible by my wonderful husband. He not only sacrificed his back to sleep on the couch with me for 5 days straight, he also got up in the middle of the night to feed Reese during the first couple of nights, and then for weeks to hand her to me since I couldn't lift her chunky self :o), but he also set his alarm clock so that I wouldn't miss my pain meds. He made the painful times memorable and fun for us all. One of our funniest times during my recovery was a certain 6-year-old girl pulling out her book of 500+ tattoos and tattooing us all. Four weeks later, I have finally removed the last ones from Liv and Holland. The temporary tattoos turned out to be not-so-temporary after all...in fact, they looked so real, I have already picked out my next one.

So, now, I am playing "catch-up" with all the latest pictures. This batch was taken in October.
My sweet friend Wendi made the girls the cutest little tutus to celebrate the birth of Reese. It was such a fun, indulgent surprise. She also screen-printed tees for the girls to wear with their tutus. As you can see, Reesie was shocked to get such a beautiful gift.

Here she is saying, "For me? You shouldn't have!"



True to Reese's nature, she can't contain the smiles.


Reesie also discovered that although tutus look appetizing, the texture leaves a bad taste in the mouth.



Thank you, Wendi, for spoiling our girls! And congratulations on the birth of your new little guy, Christian Edward. We can't wait to meet him!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails