Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas!

The Wieber Family

2009

A Year of Quotations

Do they eat owls in there?

-Liv, age 5, passing by a Hooters restaurant

You know what I’m thinking about Liv? I’m thinking of how much fun you and I will always have hiking together. We’ll come up here and hike all the time.

You know what I’m thinking about, Mom? I’m thinking about shooting animals. Like bears and squirrels. I wonder what they’ll taste like. That’s what I’m thinking about.

-Conversation between Jen and Liv during a hike up tablerock

Daddy’s a junker. So am I. I like junk food. I like dressing up, too.

-Holland, age 4

Girls, let me tell you something: when your mom makes something to eat, it’s so you grow up strong and healthy. When your daddy makes something to eat, it’s because it tastes good. Don’t you forget that.

-Brian, during a breakfast conversation with Liv and Holland.

I think Reesie will have stinky feet, just the same as Liv and me.

-Holland, in response to the question: “What do you think Reese will be like?”

Daddy, why don’t some kids think their parents are cool?

Well, when some kids turn into teenagers, they don’t think their parents are cool anymore.

Dad, I’ll always think you’re cool.

You promise?

I promise.

-Conversation about being cool between Liv and Brian

It’s crazy! We can’t do ANYTHING HE can do!”

-Liv, marveling at God’s greatness

I changed my mind. I don’t want to be a horsey girl anymore. I want to be a girl who takes care of dogs. And a girl who rides giraffes.

-Holland, age 4, about her future career choice(s)

When I grow up, I want to be an inventor first, then a baker.

-Liv, age 6

Look at the lobsters, THEY’RE GORGEOUS!

-Holland, seeing live lobsters at a restaurant, right before Liv told her that they take the lobsters out, make them delicious, then eat them

There are a lot of waitresses here! I saw some with BEARDS!

-Liv, age 5, still needing to learn that the term waitress is reserved for females

“Oh.”

-Reese, age 1 month

It’s even more amazing the third time around.

-Jen, about that first glimpse of baby, after the birth of Georgia Reese, girl #3

Awww! She’s so CUTE! I’ll never stop loving her!

-Holland, after meeting Reese for the first time

…And thank you Jesus for making Reese feel so warm and smell so good.

-Holland, praying in her room by herself

Reese is glad she gets to be in our family!

-Liv, after Reese smiles at her

I was trying for a girl.

-Liv, after being asked if she had wanted a brother instead of a sister

I havn’t said anything funny this year.

-Jen, during the writing of the annual Christmas quote letter

I hope I still like to play when I’m a teenager. I think I will, cause you still like to play. Are you a teenager, mom?

-Liv, age 6

…And here is King Harold.

-Liv, meaning King Herod, while explaining the different characters of the Nativity story.

It’s amazing—you’re two souls right now. You are one half of the girls in our family!

-Brian to Jen while pregnant with Reese

Are we going to die, Dad? I’ll be sad if I die, because I’ll never see you!

No, Holland, the bible says that if we die, we’ll be in Heaven someday together….all those who believe in Jesus. We don’t have to be sad about death. If we die, we’ll “sleep” then awake in the Kingdom of Heave,n in the presence of Jesus. The bible says we need to have Faith in Jesus.

-Brian’s conversation with Holland one night when she couldn’t sleep.

But the angel said to her, "Do not be afraid, Mary, you have found favor with God. You will be with child and give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus. He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David, and he will reign over the house of Jacob forever; his kingdom will never end."

-Luke 1:20-33

Wishing you a Merry Christmas,

The Wieber Family

Brian, Jen, Liv, Holland, and Reese

3 comments:

Becky Avella said...

I just read these out loud to my family. You cracked us up. Thanks for the entertainment! : )

Merry Christmas Wieber Fam!

Gabrielle said...

I love this list!!

Hilty Sprouts said...

Thanks for sharing such hilarious and touching quotes from your family! Your girls are so funny!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails