Sunday, July 20, 2008

A birthday kiss.


Today was my birthday! I had to fit in my long run this morning, and when I returned, the unmistakable scent of homemade waffles greeted me at the door. Along with their makers and my favorite people in the whole wide world.

After waffles, we took our train out and headed for the Blues Fest and listened to some music at a park downtown. Brian bought me my favorite, Crab Rangoon, at a roadside oriental food truck. Then, we rode back to the house, jumped in the car, picked up some birthday cake, and ate it while watching the sunset at tablerock. As we were sitting there, an acoustic guitarist shared some praise music for all us sunset-watchers. It was absolutely, most completely, a magnificent end to a far more than perfect day. Tomorrow, I'll start limiting the use of my adjectives. But today...they fit.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails